top of page


  • Where is the Madison County State's Attorney's Office located and what are the office hours?
    The Madison County State's Attorney's Office is located in the Madison County Administration Building in Edwardsville. Office of the Madison County State's Attorney County Administration Building 157 North Main Street, Suite 402 Edwardsville, IL 62025 (618) 692-6280 Fax: (618) 656-7312 Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
  • I have an order to appear in court. Where can I find the address of the courthouse in which I am supposed to appear?
    Madison County Courthouse 155 N. Main Street Edwardsville, IL 62025 (618) 692-6240 Madison County Criminal Justice Center 509 Ramey St. Edwardsville, IL 62025 (618) 692-8932 Alton Courthouse Alton Law Enforcement Center 1700 E. Broadway Alton, IL 62002 (618) 692-6240
  • I am concerned with whether I should file charges against someone. Who should I call to discuss the details?
    You should call your local police department.
  • Who should I contact if I have a complaint about a business or if I have a complaint as a consumer?
    You should call the Attorney General's Office at (800) 243-0618 or visit their website to file a complaint:
  • Who should I call if I have a complaint about a local policing agency?
    You should contact the immediate supervisor of the agency, the mayor of the city or the Illinois State Police, as the State's Attorney's Office has no jurisdiction over police agencies.
  • I am a local merchant and have been passed bad checks by one of my customers. Can the State's Attorney's Office help?
    If you or your company has received a bad check, please contact the State's Attorney's Bad Check Restitution Program at 618-692-6280 to determine if the bad check meets all eligibility guidelines. Click here for more information about our Bad Check Restitution program and how we can help.
  • I need the assistance of an attorney. Can the State's Attorney's Office recommend someone?
    If you are looking for a referral for an attorney, please call (217) 525-5297, as the State's Attorney's Office cannot give referrals. Additional assistance to locate an attorney can be obtained from these organizations: Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation (877) 342-7891 Illinois Lawyer Finder: (800) 922-8757
  • Where can I get information about a specific case?
    If you are interested in getting information on a case (e.g., traffic, misdemeanor, felony, etc.) call the Circuit Clerk's Office at 692-6240 or you can go the Courthouse and look it up on the computers supplied in Public Access area on lower level. You may also search your case using this link.
SAFT pic3 v3.jpg
bottom of page